LoginBenutzernamePasswort
Bei jedem Besuch automatisch einloggen    
Registrieren
Registrieren
Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen
Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen
Fluglotsen-Chat  
...::: FLUGLOTSE.com :::... :: Das Forum für Fluglotsen :: Foren-Übersicht » Tower Talk

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
FAA to DFS (Sorry for not posting in German)
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
FL_ATC

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 19, 2012 12:21 am    Titel: FAA to DFS (Sorry for not posting in German) Antworten mit Zitat

Hello all, (Ich spreche wenig Deutsch, sorry für die nicht schriftlich in Deutsch)

Hoping to find someone who can fill me in on some information on how to become a tower controller at DFS.

A little about me, I am 21, EU Citizen / US Citizen and I work for the FAA at a fairly busy VFR / Limited Radar Approach, Tower in Florida. Also have private pilot license with IFR coming soon

I would like to apply to DFS to be a tower controller but see conflicting information online and the DFS website has taken down the information explaining the hiring process for direct entry.

First question, I believe I saw that DFS requires level 4 German ICAO but will provide German classes... So do I need to know level 4 German now or will I be able to learn it while I work?

Are there simulator tests for tower to pick a place best suited for you to work? If so are the simulations in German? I understand that VFR pilots probably speak in German but the rest of IFR traffic is in English. Is the traffic like an airline type of push or VFR sequencing / pattern work in between airlines etc...

I would really love to apply and work at a DFS international tower in Germany but am a little confused so any information at all would be helpful through post or pm.

Thank you/ Danke!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
LeNoRe
Fluglotse/in

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 19, 2012 10:16 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hey,

We have a 2D and 3D Simulator for tower training at the acadamy. After that, you do your On The Job Training at the tower, you will be assigned for.
After the acadamy, they can send you to any german DFS Tower. You can request your favourit towers, put depending of the personnel and your training, the DFS will decide.

You will have german language training during training, I know that for sure, but I don't know, if you need to have level 4 at the beginning of the training. For that, you should write an email to them.

We have a lot of ready entrys from other countrys and a lot of coaches from the US at the acadamy. So, I think, you won't regret, comming to us thumbs up

Greetings,
LeNoRe
chrisonabike

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 19, 2012 4:24 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

1. As far as I remeber:
You don't need ICAO Level 4 at the time you apply.
Nevertheless, you need to pass Level 4 before you can obtain your ATC license.

There will be German classes meanwhile training and you will reach level 4 easily.

2. I think that depens on the vacancies they have.

Parts of the simulation will be in German. IFR is in English all the time.
VFR is both, in English and in German.

My suggestion is that you call or send an email to the company for further details, since most of us here did ab-initio at DFS.

I'm sure they will fill you in on the information you need. Maybe they can set up a meeting/call with someone from the US who works here now.
LeNoRe
Fluglotse/in

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 19, 2012 4:51 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

If there are any problems with contacting the acadamy trainers from the U.S., write me a private message. I'm still in contact with some of them froehlich001
FL_ATC

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 19, 2012 11:23 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Thank you for your replies I appreciate it very much. I heard that DFS is no longer accepting direct entry applications since they are full, but I thought German ATC was understaffed. I will have to find out directly from DFS. If anyone has any insight or comments to add, please do! froehlich001
LeNoRe
Fluglotse/in

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 20, 2012 9:09 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

FL_ATC hat folgendes geschrieben:
Thank you for your replies I appreciate it very much. I heard that DFS is no longer accepting direct entry applications since they are full, but I thought German ATC was understaffed. I will have to find out directly from DFS. If anyone has any insight or comments to add, please do! froehlich001

The main problem is, that the acadamy is full. Yes, we are heavily understaffed. In germany, they have to wait 6-10 month, after they have passed the assassment, until the training starts.
Martti
Fluglotse/in

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 20, 2012 11:45 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

FL_ATC hat folgendes geschrieben:

That is correct.

And the problem ist NOT, that the academy is full. But you have to differentiate between Tower and Area Control. German ATC is understaffed in Area (and Upper Area) Control, but not in Tower.

Besides, in Tower the "Ready Entry" program has been stopped, also because of language problems and experiences with the last "ready entries". In the towers it gets really hard without having German as your mother tongue, because not only VFR are allowed in German R/T (that is pretty easy to learn as is is standarized), but also all vehicles (like construction work) on the manoeuvring area are in contact with the tower, and that caused problems in the past.
LeNoRe
Fluglotse/in

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 20, 2012 11:48 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Good point thumbs up Thank you for that!
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    ...::: FLUGLOTSE.com :::... :: Das Forum für Fluglotsen :: Foren-Übersicht » Tower Talk Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.